Emergencies & Urgent Care
EMERGENCIES: CALL 911
- Emergency care facilities will contact the Dean of Students/Office of the University Registrar for emergency contact information.
- Florida Driver License and Florida Identification Card holders may also submit emergency contact information through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website.
- You may wish to complete and file Advance Directives (Living Will, Health Care Surrogate Designation and/or Anatomical Donation), official documents that detail healthcare wishes in certain situations.
Care for urgent illness/injury during normal business hours: (352) 392-1161
CALL FIRST if possible so the SHCC can prepare for your arrival and get you taken care of as quickly as possible.
After-hours urgent medical concerns:
- Phone consultation services are available from the SHCC for students experiencing an urgent, non-emergency medical concern after-hours. The on-call medical provider can help you determine if you should seek medical treatment from a community facility right away, or if you can wait till regular business hours to be seen at the SHCC.
- CLICK HERE FOR A SHORT LIST OF AREA URGENT CARE CENTERS.
After-hours urgent mental health concerns:
(352) 392-1575 (CWC)
- Phone consultation services are available from the Counseling and Wellness Center after-hours.
UF NEEDLESTICK HOTLINE: (866) 477-6824
ALACHUA COUNTY RAPE CRISIS HOTLINE: (866) 252-5439
- Click here to access Report Rape Gainesville, an anonymous hub for reporting sexual assault and seeking help.
U Matter, We Care
Medical Amnesty Policy
The UF Medical Amnesty Policy (MAP) helps students feel confident they can make the right decision if there is an alcohol or other drug-related emergency without fear of getting in trouble academically. If you or someone you know needs medical attention, don’t hestitate to call 911.