NOTE: If you are not currently registered for classes and/or paying the tuition-included health fee, you may need to pay an optional health fee before you can be seen at the SHCC. Visit our Eligibility for Care section for more information.
MINORS ONLY (students under 18): You MUST have the Medical Treatment Consent Form signed by a parent/guardian in order to obtain health care at the SHCC.
LOCATIONS & HOURS (subject to change during holidays/breaks)
Main Campus: (352) 392-1161 (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm & Sun 12-4pm (limited services)
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
SHCC@Shands: (352) 294-5700 (Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd Floor, Room D2-49)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm)
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm)
Call the main number (352-392-1161) or your team or specialty clinic directly, or schedule appointments online at my.shcc.ufl.edu.
NOTE: Students experiencing severe illness or injury during regular hours may come in directly for care in the Urgent/Acute Care Clinic.
TRANSPORTATION: Parking is available but limited. If you are able, taking a bus or shuttle, biking or walking is the best way to reach us.
- RTS BUS ROUTES: Routes 34 and 38 will bring you closest to the SHCC/Infirmary Building at 280 Fletcher Drive.
- GATOR LIFT: Provides on campus transportation to members of the UF community with permanent and temporary disabilities.
- ADDITIONAL UF TRANSIT OPTIONS
- Emergencies: 911
- Urgent medical care advice line: (352) 392-1161
Call your team or specialty clinic directly, or cancel online to avoid a no-show fee.
New Students: General FAQ
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MD & PA Students
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the SHCC or the SHCC@Shands satellite clinic will be given the option to see: a faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them; or a healthcare provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense.
- NOTE: At the beginning of the semester, students enrolled in the UF insurance plan have only this option; however, a referral may be requested for preferred community based providers to assist in claims coverage.