HOURS & LOCATIONS
Holidays and adjusted schedules: Visit the SHCC Google calendar for information on holidays and adjusted schedules during breaks.
- Main Campus: (352) 392-1161 (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive)
FALL/SPRING: M-F 8am-5pm, Sun 12-4pm (urgent care walk-ins only)
SUMMER: M-F 8am-4:30pm
- SHCC@Shands: (352) 294-5700 (Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd Floor, Room D2-49)
FALL/SPRING: M-F 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm)
SUMMER: M-F 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm)
- SHCC@CorryVillage – Massage Therapy: (352) 392-1433 (Corry Circle, Building 278, Apartment 12) Click here for massage therapy appointment information.
HOW TO BE SEEN
For information about all available services, charges, health insurance and more, visit New Students: General FAQ.
Do I have to make an appointment or can I walk in?
As all SHCC primary care teams are appointment-based, please CALL FIRST to be seen: (352) 392-1161. Patients who call in the morning can often book same-day time slots! (To find out to which medical team you are assigned so you may request an appointment, call (352) 392-1161, then enter 3 and follow the recorded instructions. Team assignments are random but may be changed upon request.)
- NEW! Current students may schedule or cancel appointments via the SHCC Web Portal.
- AFTER-HOURS URGENT MEDICAL CONCERNS: Students experiencing urgent, non-emergency medical concerns after-hours may call the SHCC at (352) 392-1161 for over-the-phone advice. The on-call medical provider can help students determine if they should seek medical treatment from a community facility right away, or if they can wait till regular business hours to be seen at the SHCC.
- If you are not currently registered for classes and/or paying the tuition-included health fee, you may need to pay an optional health fee before you can be seen at the SHCC. Visit our Eligibility for Care section for more information.
Call in cancellations no less than 24 hours before your appointment to avoid a no-show fee: (352) 392-1161. Current students may also cancel appointments within 24 hours online via the SHCC Web Portal.
You may be asked to reschedule and/or charged a no-show fee if you do not arrive on time (within 10-15 minutes of the scheduled time) or do not cancel within 24 hours.
If insured, bring your insurance card to every appointment. Save time in the waiting room by providing your insurance information ahead of time — visit Private Insurance and Verification for more information. Additionally, you will be asked to fill out a Health History Questionnaire once a year, which may be completed prior your appointment.
Though wait times may vary based on current patient needs, you will likely be seen within 20 minutes of your arrival and can expect to be here for about one hour total. To help us get you in and out as quickly as possible, arrive 15 minutes early to complete required forms.
As parking in front of the SHCC (Infirmary Building at 280 Fletcher Drive) is limited, allow an extra 30 minutes if coming by car. SHCC patients are allowed to drive around the UF road barriers to reach our facility; should you be stopped by campus police, let them know you are en route to an appointment. To avoid being ticketed or towed, obtain a parking pass from the front desk and place it in your car window before checking in with your team.
- MOBILITY RELATED DISABILITY TRANSPORTATION: Gator Lift provides reliable, convenient and free shuttle service to accessible locations within the boundaries of campus for students, faculty and staff with mobility related disabilities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MD & PA Students
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the SHCC or the SHCC@Shands satellite clinic will be given the option to see:
- A faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them; or
- A health care provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense.