NOTE: If you are not currently registered for classes and/or paying the tuition-included health fee, you may need to pay an optional health fee before you can be seen at the SHCC. Visit our Eligibility for Care section for more information.
SAME-DAY VISITS – WEEKDAYS
Call (352) 392-1161 for openings.
Students experiencing severe illness or injury during regular hours may come in directly for care in the Acute (Urgent) Care Clinic. IN ALL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, CALL 911.
NON-URGENT TRANSPORTATION: Parking is available but limited. If you are able, taking a bus or shuttle, biking or walking is the best way to reach us.
- RTS BUS ROUTES: Routes 34 and 38 will bring you closest to the SHCC/Infirmary Building at 280 Fletcher Drive.
- GATOR LIFT: Provides on campus transportation to members of the UF community with permanent and temporary disabilities.
- ADDITIONAL UF TRANSIT OPTIONS
APPOINTMENTS MORE THAN 24 HOURS OUT
Call (352) 392-1161 to schedule or schedule online via the SHCC Web Portal.
Call your team or specialty clinic directly to cancel or cancel online at least 24 hours out to avoid a no-show fee.
Visit New Students: General FAQ (parking, excuse notes, all available services, what you pay for, how health insurance works, etc.).
HOURS & LOCATIONS
NOTE: Visit the SHCC Google calendar for information on holidays and adjusted schedules during breaks.
Main Campus – including Pharmacy, Lab & X-Ray: (352) 392-1161 (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm – Call ahead for openings.
- LIMITED WALK-IN SERVICES — STARTING 8/30/2015 — Sun 12-4pm: Urgent/acute care in Green Team; Women’s Clinic; Pharmacy; X-ray; and Lab.
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm – Call ahead for openings.
SHCC@Shands: (352) 294-5700 (Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd Floor, Room D2-49)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm) – Call ahead for openings.
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm) – Call ahead for openings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MD & PA Students
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the SHCC or the SHCC@Shands satellite clinic will be given the option to see:
- A faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them
- NOTE: At the beginning of the semester, students enrolled in the UF insurance plan have only this option; however, a referral may be requested for preferred community based providers to assist in claims coverage. A health care provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense