HOURS & LOCATIONS
Holidays and adjusted schedules: Visit the SHCC Google calendar for information on holidays and adjusted schedules during breaks.
- Main Campus (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive): (352) 392-1161
Fall/Spring: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sunday, 12-4 p.m. (urgent care only)
Summer: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- SHCC@Shands (Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd Floor, Room D2-49): (352) 294-5700
Fall/Spring: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m.)
Summer: Summer: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m.)
- SHCC@CorryVillage: Massage Therapy (Corry Circle, Building 278, Apartment 12): (352) 392-1433
Click here for massage therapy appointment information.
HOW TO BE SEEN
Do I have to make an appointment or can I walk in? As all SHCC primary care teams are appointment-based, please CALL FIRST to be seen: (352) 392-1161. Patients who call in the morning can often book same-day time slots. (To find out to which medical team you are assigned so you may request an appointment, call (352) 392-1161, then enter 3 and follow the recorded instructions. Team assignments are random but may be changed upon request.)
- **Have a SEVERE illness/injury?** You may come in for care in our Acute Care/Trauma Clinic (Green Team, first floor) during regular hours. You will be seen as soon as possible based on your condition and the overall clinic situation. Click here for after-hours emergency and urgent care information.
- PLEASE NOTE: You may be asked to reschedule and/or charged a no-show fee if you do not arrive on time (within 10-15 minutes of the scheduled time) or do not cancel within 24 hours.
- Once a year, you will be asked to fill out a Health History Questionnaire, which may be completed prior your appointment.
How long will I wait, and how long will I be here? Though wait times may vary based on current patient needs, you will likely be seen within 20 minutes of your arrival and can expect to be here for about one hour total. To help us get you in and out as quickly as possible, arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork associated with your visit.
What about parking? As parking in front of the SHCC is limited, allow an extra 30 minutes if coming by car. SHCC patients are allowed to drive around the UF road barriers to reach our facility; should you be stopped by campus police, let them know you are en route to an appointment. To avoid being ticketed or towed, obtain a parking pass from the front desk and place it in your car window before checking in with your team.
PLEASE NOTE: Should you receive a ticket but were at your SHCC appointment, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may help. Should you park at the SHCC but are not there for an appointment, your car may be towed and/or other parking restrictions enforced. Please respect our patients’ needs and find an alternative.
- MOBILITY RELATED DISABILITY TRANSPORTATION: Gator Lift provides reliable, convenient and free shuttle service to accessible locations within the boundaries of campus for students, faculty and staff with mobility related disabilities. Passengers with disabilities receive priority seating. Temporarily disabled individuals also may ride Gator Lift. Service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (holidays excluded).
Are you a medical or physician assistant student?
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the SHCC or the SHCC@Shands satellite clinic will be given the option to see:
- A faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them; or
- A health care provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense.