NOTE: If you are not currently registered for classes and/or paying the tuition-included health fee, you may need to pay an optional health fee before you can be seen at the SHCC. Visit our Eligibility for Care section for more information.
SAME-DAY VISITS — WEEKDAY HOURS: Call (352) 392-1161 for openings.
- Students experiencing severe illness or injury during regular hours may come in directly for care in the Acute Care/Trauma Clinic, located in the Infirmary Building. IN ALL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, CALL 911.
APPOINTMENTS MORE THAN 24 HOURS OUT: Call to schedule – (352) 392-1161 – or schedule online via the SHCC Web Portal.
CANCELLATIONS: Call to cancel – (352) 392-1161 – or cancel online – at least 24 hours out to avoid a no-show fee.
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION: Visit New Students: General FAQ (parking, excuse notes, all available services, what you pay for, how health insurance works, etc.).
HOURS & LOCATIONS
NOTE: Visit the SHCC Google calendar for information on holidays and adjusted schedules during breaks.
Main Campus – including Pharmacy, Lab & X-Ray: (352) 392-1161 (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm – Call ahead for openings.
- LIMITED WALK-IN SERVICES — Sun 12-4pm: Urgent/acute care in Green Team; Women’s Clinic; Pharmacy; X-ray; and Lab.
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm – Call ahead for openings.
SHCC@Shands: (352) 294-5700 (Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd Floor, Room D2-49)
- FALL/SPRING: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm) – Call ahead for openings.
- SUMMER: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm) – Call ahead for openings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MD & PA Students
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the SHCC or the SHCC@Shands satellite clinic will be given the option to see:
- A faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them; or
- A health care provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense.