UF Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) Application
The University of Florida Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB), comprised of six faculty/staff and 12 students, provides UF’s Senior Vice President for Health Affairs advice concerning policies and procedures of the Student Health Care Center (SHCC). SHAB regularly reviews the quality of care rendered at the SHCC, as well as recommending and approving policies, procedures, programs, financial status and both long- and short-range planning.
APPLICATION OPENS: April 2017
DEADLINE: May 2017
SHAB is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Full-time UF student (12 hours/semester undergraduate OR 9 hours/semester graduate)
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Free from Conduct Probation or Academic Probation/Warning
All applicants will also complete the following essay questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on SHAB?
- What prior experience(s) or special skills would you bring to SHAB?
- What ideas do you have regarding the future of the UF Student Health Care Center?
- What do you believe are the primary health concerns/issues currently facing UF students?
Questions may be directed to Student Health Care Center Director Dr. Guy Nicolette via Executive Secretary Lica Gilley at email@example.com or (352) 294-7439.