UF Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) Application
The University of Florida Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB), comprised of students, faculty and staff, provides UF’s Senior Vice President for Health Affairs advice concerning policies and procedures of the Student Health Care Center (SHCC). SHAB regularly reviews the quality of care rendered at SHCC, as well as recommending and approving policies, procedure, programs, financial status and both long and short range planning. Attendance is required and the meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month, 3:00-4:30pm at SHCC.
APPLICATION OPENS: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
APPLICATION CLOSES: Thursday, May 11, 2017
SHAB is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- ALL Full-time UF students (12 hours/semester undergraduate OR 9 hours/semester graduate)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Free from Conduct Probation or Academic Probation/Warning
All applicants will also complete the following essay questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on SHAB?
- What value, academic experience or special skill would you bring to SHAB?
- What do you believe are the primary health concerns/issues currently facing UF students?
- Based on your response to question #3, what ideas do you have regarding the future of the UF Student Health Care Center?
Apply using the form below:
Questions may be directed to Student Health Care Center Director, Dr. Guy Nicolette via Lica Gilley, Administrative Support Assistant III at email@example.com. Those selected will be notified summer 2017.