Main Campus (Infirmary Building)
PHONE: (352) 392-1161
LOCATION: Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive
HOURS – INCLUDING PHARMACY, LAB & X-RAY (subject to change during holidays/breaks):
Fall/Spring: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, 12-4 p.m.
Summer: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Student Health Care Center’s main campus location offers the following services:
- General Medical Care/Primary Care: Treatment of illness/injury, health counseling, flu shots, other immunizations and more performed by licensed, board-certified MDs, PAs, ARNPs and RNs, with assistance from health support technicians (HSTs).
- Allergy Injection Clinic: Continued allergy immunotherapy for patients providing serum, which may be stored at the SHCC.
- Nutrition Services: Weight gain/loss, eating disorders, vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free lifestyles, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, tips for busy students.
- Physical Therapy (operated by Shands Rehab Services)
- Sexual Health: Professional advice, testing and treatment services available in all medical teams.
- Sports Medicine Clinic: Musculoskeletal injuries, exercise prescription, concussion management, exercise-induced asthma.
- Travel Counseling/Vaccinations: Professional advice and vaccinations.
- Women’s Clinic: Pap smears (cervical cancer screenings), routine pelvic exams, breast exams and self-examination how-to, counseling on women’s health issues.
The SHCC also has the following complementary services at this location:
- Pharmacy: Prescription medications filled for both in-house and outside medical providers, with refills available via phone or online. Various insurance plans accepted; patients must present card in pharmacy to receive discounts. Low-cost, brand-name, non-prescription medications and health, wellness and beauty items also available.