PHONE: (352) 392-1760 or (866) 941-1760 (toll free)
LOCATION: 1st Floor, Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive
HOURS (subject to change during holidays/breaks):
- Fall/Spring: M-F 8am-5pm; Sun 12-4pm
- Summer: M-F 8am-4:30pm
Now filling prescriptions for UF faculty and staff! The SHCC Pharmacy, offering prescription medications and birth control products, is a complete outpatient pharmacy staffed by licensed pharmacists who fill prescriptions written by both SHCC medical staff and outside physicians.
Low-cost health, wellness and beauty items such as shampoo, cold medications, pain relievers and first-aid products are also available. Additionally, we carry many skin care products, including items from Burt’s Bees.
Prescriptions and refills
- ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTIONS: The SHCC Pharmacy accepts electronic prescriptions from any physician in the U.S. that subscribes to the Surescripts network. Details at LearnAboutEPrescriptions.com.
- REFILLS: NEW! Enroll in the SHCC Pharmacy Refill Reminder Service.
Call the SHCC Pharmacy at (352) 392-1760 to quickly order refills by phone and find out when your prescription(s) will be ready. You can also order refills through our Online Refill Service.
Medication information and questions
If you have questions about your medication or need to speak to a pharmacist, call (352) 392-1760 or (866) 941-1760 (toll free) during normal business hours.
- Side effects: Contact your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may also report side effects directly to the FDA: (800) FDA-1088 [800-332-1088].
- SafeMedication.com: A helpful site that provides a searchable drug database offering comprehensive, easy-to-read information on more than 700 medications.
PLEASE NOTE: Mixing various prescription and non-prescription medications—including supplements and vitamins—can result in serious, life-threatening drug interactions. NEVER take prescription medications not prescribed to you by a licensed medical professional, and make sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist everything you’re taking, even if it seems harmless to you. Additionally, sharing your prescription medications with friends or family can end in dangerous health consequences for them—and serious legal complications for you.
Compare our prices
The State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration provides performance outcome and financial data pursuant to Florida Statute 408.05(3)(k). This data can be found at FloridaHealthFinder.gov.
The SHCC Pharmacy accepts a variety of commercial prescription plans when the associated plan’s card is presented at the time of purchase. Contact us directly at (352) 392-1760 with any questions regarding prescription coverage. Even without insurance our prices are often comparable to community pharmacies, so we encourage you to call for up-to-date pricing on any medications you may need.
- Don’t have insurance? Learn about Caremark’s FREE prescription discount program!
Safe medication disposal program: Go green!
Resist the urge to flush or throw out unused and/or expired medications, which often end up in our water supply. Choose to be responsible and environmentally conscious at the same time with our medication disposal program!
Bring any unused and/or expired medications to the SHCC Pharmacy, where you can pour the contents into a waste drum for proper disposal. NOTE: Medication containers are not accepted.