NOTE: The information provided on smartphone apps and/or websites is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or emergency treatment. You should not use any information on smartphone apps and/or websites to diagnose or develop a treatment plan for a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified health care provider.
- Cough or Cold, What to Take
- Diabetes, Prevention
- Flu, What to Do if You Get Sick
- MRSA: Learning how to control the spread of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- ScreenU: Anonymous Assessments for Alcohol and/or Prescription Drug Misuse
- Sore Throat
- Wounds, Caring for
Health information online
Health encyclopedia via UF Health
- Epocrates: Concerned about mixing medications? This app lets you identify prescription over-the-counter pills based on color and shape and check interactions. The directory includes Food and Drug Administration-approved and off-label dosing, risk categories, warnings and manufacturer contacts.
- WebMD – Apple iTunes only: Read a daily mini-magazine of healthy living tips, fun facts, recipes and more. Check your symptoms, access information about medicine, get first aid essentials and check local health listings on the go, from the most trusted brand in health information.
- ZocDoc: If you’re away from home or need a new doctor, enter your location, your insurance and the specialty you need and ZocDoc will generate a list of nearby physicians who meet your criteria — with their available appointment times.