Dermatology & Mole Screenings
PHONE: (352) 294-7465
LOCATION: Red Team, Basement Level, Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive
HOURS (subject to change during holidays/breaks):
Fall/Spring: Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The SHCC Dermatology Clinic (Red Team), located in the Infirmary Building, sees students by appointment with a referral from their primary care provider. Depending on the service(s) provided, charges may apply.
Referrals and appointments
PLEASE NOTE: Depending on the service(s) provided, charges may apply.
- Schedule an appointment with your primary care provider/team to get a referral to the Dermatology Clinic for your condition.
- Wait to be contacted regarding scheduling your Dermatology Clinic appointment. Please allow 10-14 days, as appointments are limited.
Biannual free mole screenings
Biannual free mole screenings are conducted during the fall and spring semesters. Dates will be announced on the front page of this website as well as via Facebook and Twitter. As these by-appointment-only screenings fill up quickly, we encourage you to check back often regarding dates.
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD): Founded in 1938, the AAD is the largest and most representative dermatology group in the U.S.
- American Skin Association: The American Skin Association, a unique collaboration of patients, families, advocates, physicians and scientists, provides information on: healthy skin, sun safety, melanoma and skin issues.
- BrownSkin.net: BrownSkin.net is an educational site for individuals with skin of color, including: African American skin care, Asian skin care, Black skin care, Indian skin care and Latin skin care.