PHONE: Call (352) 392-1161
or your assigned Primary Care Team:
- Blue Team: (352) 294-7466
- Green Team: (352) 294-7471
- Orange Team: (352) 294-7475
- Red Team: (352) 294-7465
LOCATION: First Floor, Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive – Check in at Green Team
HOURS (subject to change during holidays/breaks):
– Fall/Spring: M–F 8am–5pm
– Summer: M–F 8am–4:30pm
Janis Mena, RD
Currently enrolled students can make an appointment with the SHCC’s registered dietitian for nutrition education and counseling in Nutrition Services, located on the first floor of the the Infirmary Building. The health fee included with tuition covers patient financial responsibility associated with most SHCC office visits.
Appointments and forms
Call your assigned Primary Care Team or (352) 392-1161 to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring your current insurance card and a completed Nutrition Questionnaire to your first appointment. Call to cancel or cancel online at least 24 hours out to avoid a no-show fee.
During the first session we will begin an assessment, discuss nutrition recommendations and help you develop a plan to achieve your nutrition goals. After this, you are eligible to schedule follow-up appointments.
Nutrition Services can address:
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Eating disorders
- Vegan and vegetarian lifestyles
- Gluten-free living
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Tips for busy college students
- General nutrition information
Gator Grub cookbook and farmers markets
The Gator Grub cookbook was developed by registered dietitians with students’ busy lifestyles in mind.
Gator Fuel 101
The following Gator Fuel 101 newsletters were created by GatorWell Health Promotion Services.
- Gator Fuel 101 – Cholesterol
- Gator Fuel 101 – Blood Pressure
- Gator Fuel 101 – Portion Sizes
- Gator Fuel 101 – Diets
Best viewed in Internet Explorer.
- University of Florida Gator Dining Services
- ChooseMyPlate.gov (formerly MyPyramid.gov), created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, helps individuals use the established Dietary Guidelines for Americans to: make smart choices from every food group; find balance between food and physical activity; get the most nutrition out of calories; and stay within daily calorie needs.
- EatRight.org is the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ (AND) comprehensive website for students, health professionals and the general public. Contains trustworthy, science-based food and nutrition information.
- EDIS, the Electronic Data Information Source of the UF/IFAS Extension, contains information about health and nutrition in Florida, including: 4-H health; disease prevention and management; eating well; health care; hygiene; medicines and supplements; mental health; physical activity; physical health; pregnancy and fertility; and health and nutrition for special populations.