Sports Medicine Clinic
PHONE: (352) 294-7345
LOCATION: 1st Floor, Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive
PLEASE CALL FOR AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS.
Closed during holidays/breaks.
The SHCC Sports Medicine Clinic, located in Room 101 on the first floor of the Infirmary Building, hosts trained sports medicine physicians on staff who are available to students by appointment.
Athlete, musician and dancer-related medical services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Overuse injuries
- Lower extremity dance injuries
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Exercise prescription
- Concussion management
- Other sports- or performance-related medical concerns or injuries
How to be seen
Call the Sports Medicine Clinic directly to schedule an appointment: (352) 294-7345.
- NOTE: There is no charge to be evaluated in the Sports Medicine Clinic and you do not need a referral to schedule an appointment; however, if X-rays, procedures or other tests are needed charges will be assessed.
Patients are often referred to Physical Therapy for rehabilitation. Charges are assessed for physical therapy services.
Research we’re doing
- Acute Lumbar Paraspinal Myonecrosis in Football Players With Sickle Cell Trait: A Case Series. Eichner, E.R.; Schnebel, B.; Anderson, S.; Clugston, J.R.; Hale, H.; Michaudet, C.; Small, J.M. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2016 Nov. 21. PMID: 27875493. DOI: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000001167.