Planning travel abroad for pleasure or work? UF students, faculty and staff can receive individualized travel counseling and vaccinations specific to their itinerary at the Student Health Care Center (SHCC). Prior to making an appointment with the Travel Clinic, you may wish to visit cdc.gov/travel or tripprep.com to see which vaccines are required and/or recommended.
How to make an appointment
Please CALL FIRST to be seen / make an appointment. You should schedule your appointment a minimum of six to eight weeks before your departure.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be charged for the travel counseling, as well as any vaccines obtained; vaccine prices vary. Consult your insurance company to find out your individual policy coverage benefits or call SHCC Patient Financial Services at (352) 273-4546 for assistance.
The SHCC has two Travel Clinic locations for your convenience:
- Main campus – PHONE: (352) 294-7472 – Infirmary Building, Special Clinics, Room 138
- SHCC@Shands – PHONE: (352) 294-5700 – Health Science Center, Dental Towers, 2nd floor, Room D2-49
Current UF students, faculty and staff may obtain the following vaccinations; costs vary, but insurance is accepted if presented prior to vaccination. Included are links to CDC Vaccine Information Statements (VIS), including medical contraindications to these vaccinations. Visit the CDC’s website to view all VIS listings.
Travel resources from the CDC
Healthy travel tips
- Your Survival Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel and Ten Guidelines for Travel
- Pack Smart: What to pack in your travel health kit
- Avoid Bug Bites
- Food and Water Safety