Gareth Kerr Memorial Scholarship Nominations OPEN
The Gareth Kerr Memorial Scholarship was created by the UF Student Health Care Center in memory of University of Florida student, Gareth Kerr, who passed away in April 2006. Gareth was a senior engineering student who also served on the Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) from 2004 until his passing. Additionally, he participated in the Student Health Outreach Team (SHOT) and the Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) for the same period of time. Gareth’s contributions to Student Health were significant and he gave quietly and unselfishly of his time, energy, and vision to ensure that quality health services were accessible to all UF students.
This award was created to acknowledge and honor one University of Florida student who has demonstrated interest, commitment, and passion for the health and wellbeing of fellow students and/or the community at large. Nominations for this award will be made by members of the University of Florida faculty, staff and student body. This award recognizes students that consistently support campus and community health programs and/or work diligently to promote an issue or cause related to health and wellness. Open to undergraduate and graduate students who meet the following criteria, the award will be bestowed to one worthy student in the spring of each year.
Nominations for the Gareth Kerr Memorial will be considered based on the following criteria:
1. Nominees must be currently enrolled at the University of Florida as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
2. Nominees must be in good standing with the University and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
3. A student can receive this award only once in their tenure at UF.
4. The nominating person must submit a nomination form and a letter of recommendation with supporting comments regarding the student’s special contribution(s).
5. The student must have demonstrated a special commitment or made a significant contribution that benefited students or the community at large in some area related to health.
6. The award will recognize a rare display of passion for health, outstanding service to the campus or community, and a quiet selfless commitment to “doing” for others.
Nominations will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) and the award recipient will be announced at the Monday, April 23, 2018 meeting of this Board. A reception will be held honoring the Gareth Kerr Memorial Award following that meeting.
The deadline for submitting nominations is March 15, 2019 by 5 p.m.