The University of Florida Health Advisory Board (SHAB), comprised of faculty/staff and students, regularly reviews the quality of care rendered at Student Health Care Center (SHCC). The board also recommends and advises policies/procedures, programs, financial status and both long and short range planning. The board meets on the 4th Monday of each month from 3:00-4:30pm at SHCC.
Applications open: Friday, April 19, 2019
Applications close: Friday, June 28, 2019
SHAB is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- ALL Full-time UF students (12 hours/semester undergraduate OR 9 hours/semester graduate)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Free from Conduct Probation or Academic Probation/Warning
All applicants will also complete the following essay questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on SHAB?
- What value, academic experience or special skill would you bring to SHAB?
- What do you believe are the primary health concerns/issues currently facing UF students?
- Based on your response to question #3, what ideas do you have regarding the future of the UF Student Health Care Center?
Apply using the form below:
The Student Health Advisory Board Application is closed.
Questions may be directed to Student Health Care Center Interim Director, Dr. Ronald Berry via Lica Gilley, Administrative Support Assistant III at email@example.com.