What is Telehealth?
Telehealth at the Student Health Care Center is using electronic communications to provide or get health care services. You can get health care using smart phones, computers, or mobile devices. You talk with your health care provider using video chats or messaging through the MyUFLHealth platform.
Why use Telehealth/Virtual Visits?
Telehealth allows you to remotely access health care services at SHCC while in the comfort of your own dorm, apartment, or residence outside of Gainesville but within the state of Florida. If you have a condition that requires regular follow-ups, a condition that limits your accessibility, or a condition that doesn’t require an in-person visit with your provider, Telehealth can remotely connect you to your health care.
How to schedule a virtual visit:
On-Campus and Off-Campus students within Florida:
- Call (352) 392-1161 or your assigned medical team. Ask to schedule a virtual visit.
- Be sure you have signed up for MyUFHealth (MyChart). The secretary can give you an access code prior to your visit. For instructions on setting up a MyUFHealth account with or without an access code, please visit our MyUFHealth Activation page.
- Follow the instructions sent to you to connect for your telehealth visit.
Conditions covered through telehealth:
- Respiratory Complaints (i.e., ears/nose/throat, flu-like symptoms, cold symptoms, congestion, cough, sore throat, allergies, facial pain/pressure)
- Limited Ortho/Musculoskeletal (i.e., joint and muscle pain)
- Skin (i.e., rash, cold sore, lesion, acne)
- Gastrointestinal (i.e., constipation, heartburn, nausea)
- Eye (i.e., redness, drainage/discharge, itching, stye)
- GU/STI (i.e., STI exposure, testing, contraception management, sexual health counseling)
- Headache/Migraine (1.e., medication refill, uncomplicated and stable)
- Nutrition Counseling, weight management follow up
- Mental Health (i.e., depression, anxiety, ADHD, follow up for medication refills)
- Chronic Conditions for Established Patients (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma management (not currently having attack), high cholesterol, anemia)
- Referrals to established specialists