UF Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) Application
The University of Florida Health Advisory Board (SHAB), comprised of faculty/staff and students, regularly reviews the quality of care rendered at Student Health Care Center (SHCC). The board also recommends and advises policies/procedures, programs, financial status and both long and short range planning. The board meets on the 4th Monday of each month from 3:00-4:30pm at SHCC.
Applications open: Friday, April 19, 2019
Applications close: Friday, June 28, 2019
SHAB is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- ALL Full-time UF students (12 hours/semester undergraduate OR 9 hours/semester graduate)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Free from Conduct Probation or Academic Probation/Warning
All applicants will also complete the following essay questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on SHAB?
- What value, academic experience or special skill would you bring to SHAB?
- What do you believe are the primary health concerns/issues currently facing UF students?
- Based on your response to question #3, what ideas do you have regarding the future of the UF Student Health Care Center?
Apply using the form below:
Questions may be directed to Student Health Care Center Interim Director, Dr. Ronald Berry via Lica Gilley, Administrative Support Assistant III at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those selected will be notified summer 2018.