The Student Health Care Center's Research Office is a multidisciplinary team that delivers comprehensive support through study development, partnership-building, assisting with grant proposals, and providing training opportunities. Our services are available to UF clinicians, faculty, staff, and students! Our primary focus is on applied collegiate health research, particularly in the areas of injury prevention, improving patient experiences, the access and utilization of health services.
Student Research Opportunities
Opportunities open to both undergraduate and graduate students. We are now accepting online applications.
Example of volunteer opportunities:
- Recruitment for studies (outreach, communications, and design)
- Data entry
- Data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Logistical support (Qualtrics and REDCap)
- Developing content and graphics for SHCC Research Newsletter
- Funding searches and grant development
- Course/Capstone projects*
* Students can partner with the SHCC for semester, capstone, thesis, and dissertation projects. Per UF guidelines, undergraduate students cannot be listed as Principal Investigator.
The Student Health Epidemiological Analysis and Research (SHEAR) group is a student-led research group motivated to improve student health through the design and conduct of epidemiological studies investigating trends in diagnoses and healthcare service utilization among students at the University of Florida.
SHEAR is composed of graduate PhD, MS, and MPH students, with faculty mentors in the Departments of Epidemiology, Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics, and at the Student Health Care Center (SHCC). Undergraduate students are welcome to attend SHEAR meetings to learn more are student research and mentorship opportunities.
SHEAR meetings occur monthly during the fall and spring semesters and are open to all interested students (including undergraduates), faculty or staff at the University of Florida.
For more information, please contact Shannan Rich, MS.
For information regarding employment opportunities with SHCC, check out Careers at UF.