Student Health Outreach Team (SHOT)
The University of Florida Student Health Outreach Team (SHOT) was developed to promote optimal health on campus for UF students using peer-to-peer interactions and developing research-based health initiatives that best serve UF’s campus population. SHOT serves as a bridge between the Student Health Care Center (SHCC) and the student body, coordinating communication campaigns, planning events, developing health initiatives and promoting SHCC services to UF students.
As a member of SHOT, students serve as an ambassador for UF Student Health, UF’s leading authority for public health on campus. Activities of SHOT include, but are not limited to:
- Peer-to-Peer education through events, tabling, presentations/public speaking
- Conducting research to assess campus health needs
- Establishing health initiatives based on the health needs of UF’s student population
- Assistance in designing health communication campaigns for print, multimedia channels, social media
- Coordinating collaborations between other departments and student organizations on campus with SHCC
Applications for SHOT open November 21, 2018 and close January 7, 2019. All SHOT standing meetings for the Spring 2019 semester will take place on the third Wednesday of each month from 2:30 – 4pm.