PHONE: (352) 392-1760 or (866) 941-1760
LOCATION: 1st Floor, Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive
HOURS (subject to change during holidays/breaks):
– Fall/Spring: M-F 8am-5pm; Sun 12-4pm
– Summer: M-F 8am-4:30pm
The UF Student Health Care Center Pharmacy is a full-service facility staffed by licensed pharmacists who fill prescriptions written by either in-house medical staff or licensed medical providers from other facilities.
Low-cost health and beauty items such as shampoo, cold medications, skin care products, pain relievers, and first-aid products are also available.
DID YOU KNOW? We now carry pet medications for flea, tick, and wellness!
Prescriptions and refills
- ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTIONS: The SHCC Pharmacy accepts electronic prescriptions from any physician in the U.S. that subscribes to the Surescripts network. Details at LearnAboutEPrescriptions.com.
- Enroll in the Refill Reminder Service.
- Prescription Transfer Requests
- REFILL OPTIONS:
We accept insurance!
The SHCC Pharmacy accepts a variety of commercial prescription plans when the associated plan’s card is presented at the time of purchase. Contact us directly at (352) 392-1760 with any questions regarding prescription coverage. Even without insurance our prices are often comparable to community pharmacies, so we encourage you to call for up-to-date pricing on any medications you may need.
Compare our prices! The State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration provides performance outcome and financial data pursuant to Florida Statute 408.05(3)(k). This data can be found at FloridaHealthFinder.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: Mixing various prescription and non-prescription medications—including supplements and vitamins—can result in serious, life-threatening drug interactions. NEVER take prescription medications not prescribed to you by a licensed medical professional, and make sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist everything you’re taking, even if it seems harmless to you. Additionally, sharing your prescription medications with friends or family can end in dangerous health consequences for them—and serious legal complications for you.
Medication information and questions
If you have questions about your medication or need to speak to a pharmacist, call (352) 392-1760 or (866) 941-1760 during normal business hours.
- Side effects: Contact your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may also report side effects directly to the FDA: (800) FDA-1088 [800-332-1088].
- SafeMedication.com: A helpful site that provides a searchable drug database offering comprehensive, easy-to-read information on more than 700 medications.
Safe medication disposal
Patients with an expired, unused or unwanted medication looking to dispose their prescription can visit our Prescription Drug Disposal Cabinet at the SHCC Pharmacy. The following items are prohibited from being placed in the unit:
- Anything that originates from SHCC
- Needles (i.e. Sharps)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Simply take your medications to one of the convenient locations listed or call the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Collection Center at (352) 334-0440 for more information.