What is Telehealth?
Telehealth at the Student Health Care Center is using electronic communications to provide or get health care services. You can get health care using smart phones, computers, or mobile devices. You talk with your health care provider using video chats or messaging through the MyUFLHealth platform.
Why use Telehealth/Virtual Visits?
Telehealth allows you to remotely access health care services at SHCC while in the comfort of your own dorm, apartment or off-campus residence. If you have a condition that requires regular follow-ups, a condition that limits your accessibility, or a condition that doesn’t require an in-person visit with your provider, Telehealth can remotely connect you to your healthcare.
How to schedule a virtual visit:
- Call (352) 392-1161 or your assigned medical team. Ask to schedule a virtual visit.
- Be sure you have signed up for MyUFHealth (MyChart). The secretary can give you an access code prior to your visit. For instructions on setting up a MyUFHealth account with or without an access code, please visit our MyUFHealth Activation page.
- Follow the instructions sent to you to connect for your telehealth visit.
Conditions covered through telehealth:
- Allergy medication refill
- Amemia concern
- Anxiety (Must be previously diagnosed by SHCC and stable on medication)
- Asthma medication refill (no exacerbation)
- Burns (minor, including sunburn)
- Cold sores
- Contraception management (Please have your blood pressure and weight checked at SHCC or an pharmacy prior to your online visit).
- Depression (Must be previously diagnosed by SHCC and stable on medication)
- Diabetes management (Must be previously diagnosed by SHCC and stable on medication)
- General Nutrition/Healthy eating
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Medication Refill
- Hyperlipidemia Medication Refill
- Immunizations (other than Flu, which does not need a provider visit)
- STI Testing (asymptomatic)
- Medication Management
- Migraine Headache Medication Refill (uncomplicated, must be previously diagnosed by SHCC and stable on medication)
- Minor wound assessment
- Nutrition Counseling, Weight Management (follow-ups only)
- Referrals to New Dimensions (Weight loss program)
- Sleep concerns
- Tobacco Cessation
- Travel consult