“Electing a Healthy Future”
UF Hilton, Gainesville, Florida
March 1-3, 2012
Thank you for attending SCHA 2012!
We hope you had a great experience and were able to take valuable information back to your college or university.
All conference attendees received a Medicat-sponsored USB/flash drive containing PDFs of most of our speakers’ Powerpoint presentations. Following are links to several presentations that did not make it on the drives prior to the conference. Please note: Any missing presentations have been excluded at the discretion of the individual speaker(s).
- mCollegeHealth: Leveraging Mobile for Healthier Campuses – Jay Bernhardt, PhD, MPH, Chair & Professor, Director, Center for Digital Health & Wellness, Department of Health Education & Behavior, College of Health & Human Performance, University of Florida
- Drug Information for Healthcare Practitioners – Paul L. Doering, MS, Distinguished Service Professor, Pharmacotherapy & Translational Research, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida
- Avoidance Coping & Self-Harm Behavior in College Students: Connections with Suicide? – Retta R. Evans, Associate Professor and Laura Forbes, Associate Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham and Donna O. Burnett, Assistant Professor, University of Montevallo
- Third-Party Insurance in College Health Services – Katherine Lindsey, Administration & Insurance Coordinator, Student Health Care Center, University of Florida
- Nursing Boot Camp Panel: Working with Nursing Triage & Standing Orders – Bruce Major, RN, Student Health Care Center at Santa Fe College (University of Florida)
- Incorporating Student Talent to Enhance Your Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Programming – Maureen Miller, MPH, CHES, Coordinator for Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention, GatorWell Health Promotion Services and Virginia Dodd, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor, Community Based Programs, College of Dentistry, University of Florida
Sponsors and exhibitors
The SCHA 2012 conference would not have been possible without the generosity of our sponsors and exhibitors. Click the logo/company name to be taken to that company’s web site.