Thank you for choosing the UF Student Health Care Center!
A few things to consider when making your appointment:
- In general, students seeking care from a medical provider (MD, PA, or APRN) will be provided with the next available appointment time.
- Students who feel their concern is urgent may ask to speak to a nurse for same-day advice.
- After-hours phone consultation services are available from the SHCC for students experiencing an urgent, non-emergency medical concern outside of business hours. The on-call medical provider can help you determine if you should seek medical treatment from a community facility right away, or if you can wait until regular business hours to be seen at the SHCC.
- Parking is limited for Student Health Care Center patients in the marked parking lots east and west of our main building (2140 Stadium Rd). If you drive to your appointment, please get a parking permit for your vehicle from the front desk. This permit is only good for the day of your appointment. (Note: The unmarked parking spaces directly adjacent to the O’Connell Center are not for SHCC patient parking. Visitors who park there may be ticketed).
Save time in the waiting room – fill these out ahead of time!
- Patient Data Form
- Consent and Authorization
- Minor Consent to Treat Form-MUST BE SIGNED BY PARENT/GUARDIAN IF STUDENT UNDER 18
- Current SHCC Patients Only: Insurance Verification Form
YOUR FIRST VISIT
Get your UF ID number and insurance card ready, then call the main number (352-392-1161) and follow the prompts to establish yourself as a new patient.
TRANSPORTATION: Parking is available but limited. If possible, having a friend drop you off, biking, walking or taking a bus/shuttle is the best way to reach us.
- RTS BUS ROUTES: Routes including 28 and 34 will bring you closest to the SHCC main building at 2140 Stadium Rd. Check routes for the Keys Residential Complex Midblock stop, which is located right across the street from SHCC.
- GATOR LIFT: Provides on campus transportation to members of the UF community with permanent and temporary disabilities.
- ADDITIONAL UF TRANSIT OPTIONS
- Emergencies: 911
- Urgent medical care advice line: (352) 392-1161
Call the main number (352-392-1161) or your team or specialty clinic directly, or request your appointment online via MyUFHealth/MyChart.
When you schedule an appointment with the UF Student Healthcare Center we set aside enough time to provide you with the highest quality care. Should you need to cancel or rescheduled an appointment please contact our office as soon as possible, and no later than the business day, prior to your scheduled appointment. This gives us time to schedule other patients who may be waiting for an appointment.
Please see our Appointment Cancellation/No Show Policy below:
- If your schedule changes and you cannot keep your appointment with SHCC, please contact us so we may reschedule you
,and accommodate those patients who are waiting for an appointment.
- As a courtesy to our office as well as to those patients who are waiting to schedule with the provider, we ask that you contact us the business day prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Any patient who fails to show or cancels/reschedules an appointment and has not contacted our office by the business day prior to the appointment, will be charged a $25 fee.
- The fee is charged and added to the student’s bursar account, not billed to the insurance company.
- Appointment reminders are sent through your MYChart.
- You may appeal the No Show fee by submitting an appeal form within 30 days of the missed appointment (see link below).
- A committee will review your appeal request and a response will be sent to your university email address within 60 days.
- The appeal process is not a guarantee of reversal of the No Show/Cancellation fee.
We understand there may be times when an unforeseen emergency occurs and you may not be able to keep your scheduled appointment. If you should experience extenuating circumstances please complete the appeal form, and email it to SHCC-PFS@ad.ufl.edu with “NO SHOW/CANCELLATION APPEAL” in the Subject line. An appeal committee will review your request.
CHARGES, BILLING & INSURANCE
- The UF health fee, a per-credit hour service fee included with tuition, helps cover most office visits at the Student Health Care Center; however, this fee does not cover all possible service charges at the SHCC, including but not limited to physicals, procedures, lab tests, X-rays, medications and medical equipment. Visit our Charges, Billing & payment FAQ page to learn more.
- We recommend reviewing all insurance benefits and exclusions before your first visit. Contact your insurance company and provide them our tax identification name and number (Florida Clinical Practice Association, 591680273) to learn how your policy will work at our facility.
- The SHCC will bill your insurance company for you if you provide all policy information. You are financially responsible for service charges that are not covered by your policy.
MD & PA Students
All medical and psychiatric physicians at SHCC hold faculty positions in the College of Medicine and, therefore, may have academic and/or clinical teaching responsibilities with medical and physician assistant students. Most of the teaching assignments bring the faculty member into direct contact and academic involvement with only a few students in each class year.
Because of the potential for conflict, medical and physician assistant students presenting for services at the Student Health Care Center will be given the option to see: a faculty member who has not, and will not, have an academic role with them; or a health care provider in the community. Costs may be reimbursed by any health insurance the student carries or may require an out-of-pocket expense.
- NOTE: At the beginning of the semester, students enrolled in the UF insurance plan have only this option; however, a referral may be requested for preferred community based providers to assist in claims coverage.